Are you looking for how to register a vehicle in Azerbaijan and want to know the complete process of vehicle registration? here we discuss step by step the complete process and details to register a vehicle in Azerbaijan. When you buy a new car or import it from another country, the registration of a vehicle is necessary. To register a vehicle in Azerbaijan will need some necessary documents and follow a specific procedure. Let’s take a look at the entire process of how to register a vehicle in Azerbaijan with complete details and the required process.
How to Register a Vehicle in Azerbaijan
Here is the complete procedure for registering a vehicle in Azerbaijan.
First, we will discuss the types of registration. There are two types of vehicle registration temporary registration and permanent registration.
1. Temporary Registration:
When someone purchased a vehicle from a dealer, the dealer issues a registration number. This registration number will be temporary which is often only valid for one month. The owner needs to get a permanent car registration number during this time period.
2. Permanent Registration:
The car owner must register the vehicle in his name after purchasing it. The registration office will provide the vehicle’s permanent registration number when the owner applies for registration. That registration number is unchangeable in any situation. But you will have to re-register if you relocate from one state to another.
To register a vehicle in Azerbaijan you will need to provide documents to verify your identity and residency.
- Completed registration form
- Resident registration or identity card
- Passport translated and defaced into Azerbaijan
- Driving license
- Service records of the car
- Document proving ownership of the vehicle
- Confirmation of vehicle payment
Process How to Register a Vehicle in Azerbaijan:
A complete process of vehicle registration with complete details is as follows:
- Visit your local Azerbaijan registration office with your new vehicle. Fill out and submit a completed registration form along with all other required documents.
- The vehicle must undergo entry certification to confirm that it meets the required standards of Azerbaijan.
- An official checkup is done by an auditor or a chief auditor. The auditor will look at the engine, body, and chassis number and color of the vehicle. A proper note is taken or a report is prepared about the result of the check-up and attested by a seal.
- Then the documents will be inspected by the department. The registration application form is then given to the registration agent for further processing. If defects are found in the documents submitted, the applicant will be notified and state registration will not be completed until it is resolved.
- The agent completes the paperwork, registers the car, and issues a license so you can legally drive it.
- After completing the entire process, a registered vehicle is given a state government check-up card and you will be issued a registration plate.
You must need to pay all the necessary fees. The registration fee may vary by the vehicle. The fee structure also explains on the form what is required for obtaining the certificate/document. After registration, a technical check-up fee and license plate fee have to be paid.
The vehicle registration process is not much longer. It takes about one or two days for the registration office to complete the whole process.
The vehicle registration certificate is valid for one year. The registration certificate of a vehicle must be renewed each year.
Read more about the best car dealers in Azerbaijan.